Our BSNY team understands that the COVID-19 pandemic is a challenging and uncertain time for New York City’s construction industry. We are here to help. Over the coming weeks, Building Skills will continue to be a source of information for construction workers.
Job Placements Through Building Skills NY
If you were previously placed in a construction job through Building Skills NY and need to update your contact information or send an updated resume for our database, please email your information to email@example.com or call 212-776-4149.
If you have never applied for a construction job through Building Skills NY, please complete the online application here to be entered into our database and to be considered for our construction jobs: https://buildingskillsny.org/job-seekers/
If you have previously applied for a construction job and completed the application already, please feel free to reach out to our staff for updates or to provide additional updates about yourself such as contact information, an updated resume, or new certifications you may have obtained since applying. Send your questions or updates to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-776-4149.
Additional Resources for Workers
The Building Skills NY staff will be compiling an ongoing list of resources for workers that may be facing challenges during this unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back in for updates as we learn more about resources that can benefit workers.
Filing for Unemployment Insurance: To access unemployment assistance: go to https://labor.ny.gov/unemploymentassistance.shtm. If you are filing a new Unemployment Insurance claim, the day you should apply is based on the first letter of your last name. A – F file on Monday | G – N file on Tuesday | O – Z file on Wednesday. If you missed your day, file on Thurs-Sat.
Federal Support for Workers: The CARES Act passed on Friday, March 27. It extends unemployment benefits and provides direct cash assistance to some Americans.
COVID-19 Text Updates: To get regular updates on the latest developments regarding coronavirus in New York City, text COVID to 692-692. For updates in Spanish, text COVIDESP to 692-692.
Free Mental Health Counseling: Per Cuomo’s recent announcement, New Yorkers can now call 1-844-863-9314 to schedule a mental health appointment.
The Department of Education is providing free meals to NYC children, click here to find a free meal location.
- Text FOOD to 726-879 to pick up a bag of groceries at a pantry within walking distance of your house.
- Food Banks in New York City: https://www.foodbanknyc.org/get-help/ or call Food Bank of NY at 212-566-7855.
- Invisible Hand is providing delivery services of groceries, supplies, etc. free of charge, click here: https://www.invisiblehandsdeliver.com/
- Hep Free NYC has compiled a comprehensive compilation of resources: https://hepfree.nyc/covid-19-coronavirus-resource-compilation/
- 7 tips to get through a coronavirus furlough: https://www.bankrate.com/banking/savings/tips-to-get-through-coronavirus-furlough/